SUP RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
STATEMENT OF RISK:
Adventurous activities such as stand up paddleboarding carry inherent associated dangers to all participants.
Participants are responsible for, and must take the necessary precautions to ensure their own safety and that of their group members at all times.
Paddleboard, leash, paddle, Buoyancy aid and a choice between Hand pump / pre inflation / both to be stated at booking
Additional items that may be requested at an additional fee: electric pump / bag
Not included: Any item of clothing eg /wetsuit / wet shoes. These are supplied by the customer if they wish to use them.
Terms & Conditions
1. Brancaster Boards is not responsible for the use of the equipment, nor for the hirers actions whilst using the equipment. We only provide equipment to be used by the the hirer. We require no proof of ability and offer no advice or instruction in the use of the equipment and how they are to be used. It is the hirers responsibility to make sure they have the necessary skills for safe use and the appropriate conditions for safe use and that the equipment is safe for use.
2. Use of the equipment is entirely unsupervised by Brancaster Boards.
3. The customer acknowledges that they are responsible for their own safety and that of their group when hiring equipment, which involves inherent risk.
4. The customer is solely responsible for the safe use of the equipment including assessment of conditions, abilities, and appropriate clothing.
5. The customer agrees to return the items on the stated day in the condition in which they are received. Any damaged equipment will be charged at full retail price for replacement or repair if deemed appropriate, regardless of how the damage was caused.
6. Brancaster Boards acts in goodwill when hiring out equipment and as such expects such from the hirer. We reserve the right to withdraw and collect our equipment at any point and for any reasonable reason during a hire period.
7. If on collection, or at any point, the hirer is not satisfied with the serviceable condition of the equipment, the hirer is responsible for raising this prior to use.
8. If during use the customer becomes aware of an issue or the equipment becomes damaged, they are responsible for informing Brancaster Boards immediately and ceasing use of the equipment.
9. The customer will not use the equipment under the influence of drugs nor alcohol
10. The customer guarantees that any under 18s will always be supervised by a parent/guardian over 18.
11. The customer is responsible for checking and assessing the weather and tides for their suitability for safe paddling prior to booking and on a continuous, ongoing basis.
12 . Brancaster Boards does not guarantee the weather will be suitable during rental periods and no refunds are issued for weather changeability.
12.b Brancaster Boards is not onsite during the rental and as such cannot supervise.
1. Customer cancellations:
In booking boards clients confirm that they have assessed the weather for suitability and understand the risks of weather changeability. No refunds are available for poor weather.
Bookings cancelled within 72 hours will receive no refund
Bookings cancelled with more than 72 hours up to 7 days will receive a credit note
Cancellations a week or more in advance will receive a full refund
2. Brancaster Board cancellations
Brancaster Boards will only cancel in exceptional circumstances and a full refund will be given.
At their discretion, Brancaster Boards may suggest a cancellation and offer a refund / credit note in unsafe weather conditions. However, being an off-site, remote service, Brancaster Boards can not be, and is not responsible for assessing weather, tide and safety conditions for clients, so all clients are responsible for making their own risk assessments and ensuring their safety.
These are non-binding and do not constitute a guarantee
Recommendations (These are non-binding and do not constitute a guarantee)
If you have not paddleboarded before, you should take a lesson before paddling independently or make sure you are supervised by someone who is able to ensure your safety.
If you are uncertain about the area, you should also consider taking a lesson/advice from a local paddleboard school.
Brancaster Beach can be paddled 3-4 hours on either side of the high tide before it becomes a very long walk
Brancaster Staithe can be paddled 2 hours on either side of the high tide before it becomes a long and muddy walk.
Hunstanton can be paddled at all times - with a varying length of walk. Be careful of rocks and groynes at high tides.
Be respectful of RSPBB / National Trust regulations
Do not go out in offshore winds
Do not paddle in wind strengths beyond your abilities
Head into whichever is strongest : tide vs wind on the way out and use it to help you home.
Always perform an ongoing site and risk assessment - wind, tide, obstacles, sea state, hazards.
Carry water and sun cream and a means of communication - let someone know where you are going and when you will be back.
The coastguard can be contacted on 999
Be sensible, be safe, have fun