SUP LESSON & SESSION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Covering instructor & guide led sessions: 2 hour beginner lessons, Tour and Explores and Social Events
STATEMENT OF RISK:
Adventurous activities such as stand up paddleboarding carry inherent associated dangers to all participants.
Participants are responsible for, and must take the necessary precautions to ensure their own safety and that of their group members at all times.
Where SUP kit is provided it includes:
Paddleboard, leash, paddle, Buoyancy aid
Additional items that may be requested at an additional fee: Wetsuit
Terms & Conditions
1. All sessions are weather dependent - SUP cannot run in windy conditions nor lightening.
2. No responsibility is taken for attendees non-compliance with safety instructions.
3. The customer acknowledges that they are responsible for bringing safety concerns / medical conditions to the instructor / Brancaster Boards' attention.
4. The customer is responsible for the safe use of the equipment including assessment of personal abilities, limitations and appropriate clothing.
5. If conditions become unsafe Brancaster Boards will terminate the session. This may involve exiting the water away from the start point and making our way back on foot - safety is paramount (eg during lightening).
6. Safety is first, if there is an incident, the session may be terminated or the route changed to ensure the safety of the group.
7. If at any point, the client is not satisfied with the serviceable condition of the equipment, the client is responsible for raising this prior to use.
8. If during use the client becomes aware of an issue or the equipment becomes damaged, they are responsible for informing Brancaster Boards/ the instructor immediately and ceasing use of the equipment.
9. The customer will not use the equipment under the influence of drugs nor alcohol
10. The customer guarantees that any under 18s will always be supervised by a parent/guardian over 18.
11. The customer is responsible for checking and assessing the weather and tides for their suitability for safe paddling prior to booking and on a continuous, ongoing basis. (Rentals)
12 . Brancaster Boards does not guarantee the weather will be suitable during rental periods and no refunds are issued for weather changeability.
12.b Brancaster Boards is not onsite during the rental and as such cannot supervise.
Recommendations (These are non-binding and do not constitute a guarantee)
If you have not paddleboarded before, you should take a lesson before paddling independently or make sure you are supervised by someone who is able to ensure your safety.
If you are uncertain about the area, you should also consider taking a lesson/advice from a local paddleboard school.
Brancaster Beach can be paddled 4 hours on either side of the high tide before it becomes a very long walk
Brancaster Staithe can be paddled 2-3 hours on either side of the high tide before it becomes a long and muddy walk.
Hunstanton can be paddled at all times - with a varying length of walk. Be careful of rocks and groynes at high tides.
Be respectful of RSPBB / National Trust regulations
Do not go out in offshore winds
Do not paddle in wind strengths beyond your abilities
Head into whichever is strongest : tide vs wind on the way out and use it to help you home.
Always perform an ongoing site and risk assessment - wind, tide, obstacles, sea state, hazards.
Carry water and sun cream and a means of communication - let someone know where you are going and when you will be back.
The Coastguard is available on 999.
Be sensible, be safe, have fun